This Release and Waiver of Liability (the "release") releases the American Nurses Association, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Maryland and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for the American Nurses Association, specifically the Mentoring Program, and engage in activities related to serving as a mentor.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer's relationship with the Mentoring program through the American Nurses Association is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that the American Nurses Association will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer's services to the American Nurses Association.
- Waiver and Release: In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Mentoring Program, I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the American Nurses Association and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to the American Nurses Association. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges the American Nurses Association from any liability or claim that I may have against the American Nurses Association with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to the American Nurses Association or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further I understand that the American Nurses Association does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of my injury, illness, death or damage to my property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of the American Nurses Association beyond what may be offered freely by the American Nurses Association in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge the American Nurses Association from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with the American Nurses Association.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to the American Nurses Association may include activities that may be hazardous to me. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release the American Nurses Association from all liability.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to the American Nurses Association all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by the American Nurses Association in connection with my providing volunteer services to the American Nurses Association.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Maryland and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing up for the Mentoring program, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.